Mindfulness is as important as your toothbrush. You wouldn’t neglect brushing your teeth but every day people have excuses why they don’t do 5-10 minutes of mindfulness practice.
Continuous stress and anxiety have many long-term consequences including
- Affecting your mental and physical health
- Over activating the flight or fight response in non-stressful times leading to wear and tear on your mind and body day in and day out.
- Additional inflammation and lowered immunity making you more susceptible to colds and fluImpaired blood glucose
- Thinning of the bones
- Increased aging, in fact you can add a around a decade to your life by not doing something now about your stress.
Mindfulness meditation reduces
- Increases your immunity
- Switches of excessive inflammation
- Relieves cardiovascular system stress
- Switches down cortisol.
- Slows down the rate of aging.
- And soooooooooooooo much more.
When will your mind be as important as your teeth? Remember – Do or do not. There is no try
Learn more about mindfulness at https://www.smilingmind.com.au/mindfulness/