- You are always in control.
- You are not made to do anything.
- You will not take on any suggestions that go against your will.
- Hypnosis is a very natural state of mind and it is safe
- No-one has ever been hurt by Hypnosis
- Hypnosis is not mind control
- You cannot get stuck in Hypnosis
- The worst-case scenario is that you fall asleep
- Hypnosis is focused consciousness
- Sleep is a state of unconsciousness
- Hypnosis is not a state of deep sleep.
The word “Sleep” in Hypnosis means to close your eyes and go deeply relaxed as if you are asleep.
Hypnosis is a powerful tool for implementing change within a person’s life. Hypnosis is simply a string of instructions and all the client has to do is focus on what the hypnotherapist is saying and follow their instructions.
Hypnotherapy is the induction of a trance-like condition where the patient is in an enhanced state of awareness, concentrating entirely on the hypnotist’s voice.
In this state, the conscious mind is suppressed, (that’s the mind that’s always chatting away at life, I call it the monkey mind) and the subconscious mind is revealed. The therapist is able to suggest ideas, concepts and lifestyle changes to the client which become firmly planted.